Monday, March 24, 2014

Writing a romance.

EN1022: Lesson 8:
Once bitten: Writing a romance.
8B
Her delicate skin was like expensive porcelain. Pale with painted ruby lips...

She had long curling lashes and clear grey eyes that shone and glittered like moonstones. A straight nose and high cheekbones that had the faintest blush of colour. Waves of dark hair rippled over her shoulders and almost reached her waist.

She wore a blue/grey top that matched her eyes. Long tapering fingers were adorned with plain silver and gold bands.

She had a rich honeyed voice that always drew everyone's attention.




8C
I saw her avoiding my eye as she placed her book down.

I couldn’t read her mind and this alone alarmed me. I instinctively pulled away and felt as if I had to vacate my seat, all of my senses screaming at me to run away.
I could smell a warm spicy human scent which bewildered me.
With every passing second I grew more distracted, blotting out the rest of the room... Her pure sweet fragrance had invaded my mind and stopped every normal thought.

Her long hair dipped across, hiding her heart shaped face behind a secret curtain...

She had a long sleeved blue shirt with buttons undone, I could see her porcelain skin moving in time with each breath...
Like a startled animal ready to flee.
There was a pulse beating at her temple and her upper lip shone with tiny beads of moisture.
The long fingers of her left hand were drumming on the table...









No comments:

Post a Comment